January 6, 2009
This time it’s that formerly cancery, but still slutty bits of myself.
- what did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I turned 37! Original, no?
- did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn’t make any
- did anyone close to you give birth?
They all did. I’m friends with a bunch of baby machines.
- did anyone close to you die?
- what countries did you visit?
- what would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A thin body.
- what date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 4th! A new president!
- what was your biggest achievement of the year?
Improving photo skills and making more money than I did last year,
- what was your biggest failure?
Ruining a perfectly good friendship because I was a bitch.
- did you suffer illness or injury?
- what was the best thing you bought?
- whose behavior merited celebration?
Miranda and Mark. They’re both so sweet. And my close friends (you know who you are) and family. Great as always!
- whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My own. Gag.
- where did most of your money go?
House payment and groceries. And wine.
- what did you get really, really, really excited about?
- what song will always remind you of 2008?
I don’t know.
- compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? happier
thinner or fatter? fatter
richer or poorer? richer, but because I forgot to spend business profits by 12/31.
- what do you wish you’d done more of?
Blog. Spend more time with the people who count. Exercise. Diet.
- what do you wish you’d done less of?
Drink. Smoke. Eat. Waste time on meanies.
- how did you spend christmas?
With Mark and Miranda in the am, with family in the pm. I also count Christmas spent with my English family-the Robson-Mohnens.
- did you fall in love in 2008?
With Facebook and Word Twist
- how many one night stands? none
- what changes did you make to “green up” your lifestyle?
al gore lightbulbs and green bags
- what was your favorite tv show?
- do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I’m not a hater.
- what was the best book you read?
- what was your greatest musical discovery?
Loudon Wainwright III, Matt Nathanson, CSS. A much longer list.
- what did you want and get?
A new camera, an iphone, lots of other stuff
- what did you want and not get?
More weight, a new lens
- what was your favorite film of this year?
I didn’t see any. I don’t think.
- what did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
37. I didn’t do anything. I don’t think.
- what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being thin. Not wasting time on meanies.
- how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
- what kept you sane?
Husband, daughter and friends.
- which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
- what political issue stirred you the most?
- whom did you miss?
- who was the best new person you met?
- tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
No lessons learned. Maybe this year!
- quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
My motto’s always been; when it’s right, it’s right.
Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night.
When everything’s a little clearer in the light of day.
And you know the night is always gonna be there any way.
tag five people to post their answers to this 2008 wrap-up meme. please link back to this blog from yours.
I’m a Mom!
January 6, 2009
Crap! I had to come out of hiding because that slut I’m a Mom! tagged me.
1. Word Twist on Facebook. My husband thinks I need help. I probably do.
2. Cigarettes. Yes, they’re bad. Yes, I love them.
3. Forensic Files
4. My cups. Wine. Sometimes beer. Gotta have it.
5. Photoshop. I should use it more to improve my photos, while also finding a place to make entertaining pictures for my friends.
August 26, 2008
- You pulled out in front of me as fast as you could, then drove slow for the two miles. With your Jesus sticker. You make Baby Jesus cry.
- You just let your grocery cart go, hoping it would somehow navigate itself to the stand. It didn’t. It hit my bumper. You just drove off in your big ol’ Cadillac.
- It’s great that your kid can identify all the letters in the alphabet before age 2. Guess what? There’s a slim chance that he’s actually “gifted”.
I have more, but they’re not coming to mind right now.
August 13, 2008
I know Princess knows who her daddy is, but every so often she’ll see a man and call him “daddy” even if he looks nothing like Princess Daddy.
We were driving downtown a few weeks ago and stopped at a red light. There was a black man on the corner waiting to cross. Princess looked at him and said “daddy”. Princess Daddy and I are white, therefore Princess is, too. No big deal. I just laughed and we kept driving.
So the following should really come as no surprise: we were at the eye doctor this morning and a lesbian couple was there with their baby. We were all in a small waiting room together. One of them had very short hair, the same color as Princess Daddy’s. I don’t know why, but I could just feel it coming. Princess turned, looked at short-haired lesbian and said “daddy”. Very loudly. I just about died. I tried to look straight ahead, but caught a glimpse of “daddy” out of the corner of my eye and she was trying to ignore it, too. I just about died.
There’s one more thing for lesbians to worry about: being called “daddy” by clueless toddlers.
By the way, Princess’ eyes are improving! She’ll still wear the same glasses and we go back in 4 months for another check-up.
August 5, 2008
I belong to a volunteer group. Every spring we pick a “placement”, which is the project that we’ll be working on starting the following fall.
I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted switch my placement. So, I missed a required meeting for the project and didn’t bother to let the project chair know. I didn’t think anything of it because my request to switch was still in progress. I was going to let her know as soon as I switched.
Well, she called this am and was mad. I could tell. She wasn’t mean, she was just “snippy”. It put me on the defensive. I explained I was switching and that was the end of the call. Then I was pissed at her.
Then I thought about it. She had every right to be pissed. I could have let her know what was going on earlier, but I just didn’t think it was important. But she was relying on my volunteer hours. Then I was pissed at myself for being so irresponsible. I hate it when I put all my shit first and don’t think about anyone or anything else. I try not to do it often, and when I do I really beat myself up over it. I really have been down all day. Is that good enough punishment?
Probably not. But this will pass and I’ll eventually feel better about myself and my ability to be responsible.
August 2, 2008
August 2, 2008
It’s suddenly become very, very important that I know about my friend’s trips to Wal-Mart, what they’re eating for dinner and what they think of the weather. Thanks to My Bitches, I’m now a certified Plurk addict.
You should become an addict, too. Go on. Do it.
August 1, 2008
Let’s hope I can keep up this time. This is my new personal blog. I still have my business blog, but decided it would be a good idea to separate the two.